a simple quick meal
Our days are packed with school, work, homework, soccer games, ballet recitals, school plays, dinners, gym sessions, dates, meetings and everything in between. A recipe for quick meals are a
must necessity. A simple solution to breakfast, lunch or dinner — yes, all three– is eggs.
Good ol’ fashioned boiled eggs work great for any meal even as a snack too. They are easy to make, they don’t take long to prepare, a good source of protein and are perfect for non-cooks. Try it!
Preparation (serves 2)
- Boil ’em– Put 4 -5 eggs in a pot of water on the stove. Let the water immerse the eggs and cover the pot to bring it to a boil for 7 minutes. Turn the stove off and let the eggs sit in the hot water for another 5 minutes.
- Cool ’em -Take the eggs out of the pot and place them in a bowl of cold water for 3 minutes.
- Shell ’em – Take each egg out and tap it on kitchen counter or hit it with the back of a spoon to crack the shell. Place the eggs back in the cold water and begin to remove all the shells completely.
- Cut ’em – Cut the eggs in half to allow faster cooling.
- Decorate ’em – Toss in cut up shallots, a sprinkle paprika, black pepper and a pinch of salt to flavor. Adding a drizzle of olive oil fancies it up too.